In occasione del Maggio musicale fiorentino, gli Amici Italiani ed Internazionali del Museo hanno visitato la città del Rinascimento tra il 26 ed il 29 Maggio 2022, in un itinerario di tre giorni e mezzo ricco di appuntamenti interessanti, che ha riscosso molti apprezzamenti ed un grande entusiasmo dai 26 partecipanti internazionali provenienti da Italia, Svizzera, Israele, USA e Canada.
Scorrendo la pagina potrete vedere alcune foto scattate durante il viaggio e leggere il programma.
Thursday, May 26th
– starting the afternoon with: Meeting & registration at Gallery Hotel Art
– Guided visit to Museo degli Innocenti welcomed by Arabella Natalini- new General Director, and Sabrina Breschi – Scientific Director. This institute is an ancient hospital for giving shelter to abandoned children, designed by Filippo Brunelleschi starting from 1419 (600 years by the children’s side).
– Welcome dinner hosted by Pilar Pandini (BRUN Fine Art gallery of Florence), in her private residence
Friday, May 27th
– Greetings by Alessia Bettini (Vice Mayor of Florence) at Palazzo Vecchio, now headquarter of Florence municipality – meeting point and entrance from “via de Gondì”
– Exclusive and private visit to the Abbey of San Miniato al Monte (near Florence), guided by the Abbot Padre Bernardo. The place is usually closed to the public and this is a rare opportunity to see the precious frescos painted by Paolo Uccello in 1447.
– Lunch at Omero – beautifully kept restaurant mentioned in the Michelin guide and known for its marvelous view on the Tuscan hills
– Guided visit to Basilica of Santa Croce and Museum, guided by Cristina Acidini – President of Opera di Santa Croce and Stefano Filipponi – General Secretary. (entrance from via Largo Bargellini)
The Basilica was built by Filippo Brunelleschi and Arnolfo di Cambio, starting from 1294 and opened in 1442, where we can visit the Monumental tombs of Michelangelo Buonarroti and Galileo Galilei.
– Stunning sunset view at Piazzale Michelangelo and Shabbath Dinner hosted by the artist Elisabetta Burchstein Rogai, surrounded by her artworks at the Loggia di Michelangelo Restaurant with a mythic panoramic view on the Florence rooftops
Saturday, May 28th
– Invaluable guided visit to the worldwide known Uffizi Gallery
– Guided visit to Opera del Duomo Museum, where the three Pietas sculptuerd by Michelangelo are exhibited together for the first time exploring the artist’s evolution.
– Light lunch at Locanda Fiorentina
– Giseppe Verdi’s Opera “I Due Foscari” with the tenor Placido Domingo and the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino’s Orchestra
– Dinner after theatre in a traditional Tuscany Trattoria
Sunday, May 29th
– Visit to the Florence Synagogue and Jewish Museum guided by the Director Dora Liscia Bemporad.
– Lunch at Ba’Ghetto kosher restaurant
– Guided visit to Palazzo Strozzi and Bargello Museum to see Donatello and the Renaissance, a fabulous exhibition comparing Donatello’s works with other masterpieces from Brunelleschi, Masaccio, Andrea Mantegna, Giovanni Bellini, Raffaello and Michelangelo – the exhibition was promoted and organised by Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi and Musei del Bargello, in collaboration with the Staatliche Museum in Berlin and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
– Next: shopping tour at Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella since 1221, welcomed by the Director
– Farewell dinner with guided tour at Cinello Museum promoting artistic heritage through digital innovation. https://www.cinello.com/en/