AIMIG and the International Friends visited Venice on the occasion of the 59th Biennale of Contemporary Art The Milk of Dreams, curated by Cecilia Alemagni. A three-and-a-half-day tour from September 8th to 11th, full of activities that thrilled all 36 participants who came from 6 different countries (Italy, USA, Israel, France, Switzerland, Canada).
Below you can see some photos taken during the trip and read the itinerary.
Thursday, Sep. 8th
- Starting the afternoon with: Hotel registration desk at Santa Chiara and Bauer
- FONDAZIONE BERENGO ART SPACE, an old abandoned furnace that was transformed into an evocative exhibition space a few years ago. The seventh edition of Glasstress exhibition displays works by artists who have already collaborated with Berengo Studio, such as Ai Weiwei, Jimmie Durham, Tony Cragg as well as first-time participants Vanessa Beecroft, María Magdalena Campos-Pons, and Paloma Varga Weisz, among others. https://www.fondazioneberengo.org/about-glasstress/
- Welcome Dinner at La Busa Alla Torre restaurant in Murano island
Friday, Sep. 9th
- GALLERIE DELL’ACCADEMIA: Anish Kapoor exhibition (part 1) –
- Contemporary Art Biennale “The Milk of Dreams” – guided tour of the Giardini Area
- Lunch at the restaurant “In Paradiso”, a fashionable Venetian Cafè on the canal, just outside the exhibition but inside the Giardini area.
- PEGGY GUGGENHEIM COLLECTION. Exhibition Surrealism and Magic: Enchanted Modernity https://www.guggenheim-venice.it/it/mostre-eventi/mostre/surrealismo-e-magia-la-modernita-incantata/
- PALAZZO FRANCHETTI. Various exhibitions:
– Vampires in space (Biennale Portugal pavilion: https://www.labiennale.org/en/art/2022/portugal)
– Antoni Clavé: The Spirit of the Warrior curated by: Aude Hendgen (Director Archives Antoni Clavé)and Sitor Senghor (independent curator)
– Invitation for a light cocktail and visit to the exhibition – guided by Emmanuel Clavé, grandson of the artist and head of ACP Palazzo Franchetti, with his son Antoine Clavé https://www.acp-palazzofranchetti.com
- Shabbat Dinner and visit of the private art collection hosted by Maria Camilla and Alfredo Bianchini in their residence on Campo San Polo. Mr. Bianchini is also the President of Fondazione Vedova, which we will visit on Sunday afternoon.
Saturday, Sep. 10th
- PUNTA DELLA DOGANA: Mostra BRUCE NAUMAN: CONTRAPPOSTO STUDIES https://www.palazzograssi.it/it/mostre/in-corso/bruce-nauman-contrapposto-studies/
- Contemporary Art Biennale: guided visit into the Arsenale area
- Free time for viewing other pavilions without the guide before lunch
- Lunch at the modern designed restaurant “Le Bombarde”, inside the Arsenale area.
- PALAZZO DUCALE visit of the palace and the exhibition:
ANSELM KIEFER These writings, when burned, will finally cast a little light (Andrea Emo) https://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/it/mostre/mostre-in-corso/anselm-kiefer/2022/02/22299/anselm-kiefer/
- Dinner hosted in a typical venetian home overlooking the Grand Canal by Marie Rose Kahane and David Landau, great Friends of the Israel Museum for long time and Co-Founders of Le Stanze Del Vetro (important venetian glasses gallery located in San Giorgio Island), also responsible of the restoration of the synagogue and other buildings in the ghetto.Sunday, Sep. 11th
- Tour of the 500-year-old JEWISH GHETTO, including the Museum and the five Synagogues – guided by David Landau https://www.jewishvenice.org/
- Lunch at Ghimel Garden Kosher Restaurant
- PALAZZO MANFRIN: Anish Kapoor exhibition (part 2) https://anishkapoor.com/6991/galleria-dellaccademia-palazzo-manfrin-2022
- PALAZZO GRASSI: Exhibition Marlene Dumas. Open End https://www.palazzograssi.it/it/mostre/in-corso/open-end-marlene-dumas/
- Guided visit to FONDAZIONE VEDOVA https://www.fondazionevedova.org/en
- Farewell dinner at Ombra del Leone restaurant located in Ca’ Giustinian (Palazzo della Biennale), the most representative palace of the Venetian Gothic style, which was built around 1471